lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV USE_EXTERNALS

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: LYNX-DEV USE_EXTERNALS
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 17:17:38 -0500

I was wondering if anyone planned on adding a bit more support to the
USE_EXTERNALS capability of Lynx.  Right now it is only compiled in
if the user hand edits an include file to indicate it - and the
symbol isn't mentioned in userdefs.h, where one normally does that
type of thing.  There doesn't appear to be any mention of the
variable or the interface in any of the html or man pages.  The only
reason I had any notion that the facility exists is that users are
frequently chided for not using the facility to solve various
requested capabilities.