lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV How to change screen size??

From: John E. Davis
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV How to change screen size??
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 23:53:34 -0500

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997 15:59:44 -0600 (CST), Klaus Weide <address@hidden> said:
>Maybe you should define (and Tom too) what you mean by "properly redraw".

   For me, properly redrawing means that the screen should redraw
itself without any user intervention.  In a previous message I gave
some information how I think that should be implemented.

>What I see:

   I reproduce everything you listed with 2.7.1ac-0.24.  However, if I
press Ctrl-R to redraw the screen (as the next keypress), it gets
rendered properly.  Does it re-load the document for that?  Ok, a
simple experiment just revealed that it does.  Yuk.

>- In no case is the text fully reloaded and re-rendered, which would be
>  necessary to fully adapt the displayed text to the new size.  That is
>  what the LYMainLoop.c part of Alex's patch is about, AFAIK there is no
>  provision to do that now, and I would be surprised if it was in
>  2.7.1ac-0.24.

   I did not realize that the whole document needs to be re-loaded to
be re-rendered.  I guess that best thing to do would be to cache the
current document before rendering, provided it is smaller than some
configurable limit.  Then re-render it when the screen needs redrawn.

--John
;
;