lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV More on my SPARC/Solaris 2.4/Lynx development version crash

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV More on my SPARC/Solaris 2.4/Lynx development version crashes
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 09:52:46 +0900 (JST)

> 1. if no further work on the code is expected to occur, would it make
> sense to remove the code, or at least remove any options to activate it?

I wouldn't want to see this worthwhile experiment go down the tubes.
Just ifdef the heck out of it.  If you mean, remove _references_ to the
option in up-front documents like INSTALLATION, you have a good point
(e.g., it would be easy to bury the mention of the option in userdefs.h
and remove its listing in configure --help).

> 2. if users should not report problems on this code, perhaps that would
> be worthwhile to mention in the docs?

I did a rewrite of Klaus's mention of it where he talks about the lss_file
in userdefs.h, and I could make the wording more explicit to "not report
problems on this code", but I need to understand Klaus's feeling on this
issue better before I venture any more suggestions for changes/corrections.

__Henry
;
;