lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV source size, source reorganization

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV source size, source reorganization
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 05:36:10 -0400 (EDT)

>       The devel code has not been able to build on VMS for much more
> than a couple of months.  That's why, after I ended up releasing on
bug reports are always welcome more/less.

>       I'm not sure why you bothered to inform lynx-dev that you in
well. if you were not inclined to quote me out of context, you should
also point out that I noted that the VAXes which I have access to are
slated to removal, so I don't have time to build up a developmentn
configuration for VMS.  (In fact, they'll be going away any day now,
since we already have the work order).

> fact have 13 years of experience developing on VMS when you have no
> interest in helping to maintaining the port, and given that experience,
> am purplexed at how you could possibly think that the .com and .mms
> have no problems.  In any case, less than two months ago you posted
> a message indicating that you will have access to a VMS system for
> another two months.   Take a moment to try to build the devel code
> on it.  You'll have a field day collecting compiler error messages.
> You might even encode them and post that to lynx-dev with a
> "It doesn't build on VMS." leader (like your utterly unhelpful
> "It doesn't build on linux." post about the fotemods last month :).
I enclosed the logs (you declined to respond, though the problem was
fixed about a week later).  (I don't know what you do for a living,
but during July/August I was working more than 60 hours a week, in
addition to trying to help out on these projects).

there.  misquote away.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden