lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Ultrix tweaks

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Ultrix tweaks
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 20:20:27 -0400 (EDT)

(I'll add these to my list for the weekend - right now I'm in the middle
of another project).

> When we are at the platform-specific tweaks, Ultrix with native CC
> compiler needs -g3 for optimization with debugging info, because -g and -O
> together doesn't optimize (the -Olimit flag added to -O or -g3 is right).
ok

> Apart from that, I get this error when configured with the Slang library:
>
> cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I.. -I../WWW/Library/Implementation   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -I.. -I../WWW/Library/Implementation   -g3 -Olimit 600 -DULTRIX  -c
> ./LYCurses.c
> cfe: Warning: /usr/include/stdarg.h:67: Macro va_start redefined
ok - this will take some testing (I remember that Ultrix is one of those
machine that confuses varargs & stdarg).

> cfe: Error: ./LYCurses.c, line 55: redeclaration of 'Current_Attr';
> previous declaration at line 50 in file './LYCurses.c'
>  static           int Current_Attr;
>  ---------------------^
ok (missed that)

> And in order to link the lynx executable successfully, it needs magical
> -G 7 flag (see my discussion with Fote on this).
ok

> Tom, could you please fix these three things?
>

> Two more general notes:
>
> - could lynx be default target for the generated makefile? So that I do
> just "make" and not "make lynx".
I thought about doing that (it wouldn't be hard).  Probably will, unless
someone offers sufficient reason to retain the old structure.

> - could --with-char-trans be enabled by default, as it was before it was a
> configurable option?
It is on, by default, when I build - something's wrong there.  Perhaps if
I see the config.log, config.cache, etc., I can see it.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden