lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx with Solaris Console???

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx with Solaris Console???
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 15:13:52 -0400

> The "default" terminal type for the console is "sun".  When I use this then
> I can't see where the cursor or current link is and also the links
> seem to work, I can even operate "blind" and go to any other URL links
> listed in the document, but I can't see "where I'm at" because the
> high-lighted
> cursor is not displayed.
>
> Am I doing something dumb?  Or not doing something?  Or ... ????
>
> This is SPARC Solaris 2.5.
>
> VI runs fine.
>
> There is no TERMINFO set.

Try this.

1. Login as you describe.

2. type
lynx -show_cursor

3. does the problem you describe still exist?  If not, then you can
set the site's lynx.cfg file up to turn on that option by default.

If the problem still exists, there is likely some other problem.  The
reason I keep 'harping' about the terminfo is that I see some weird
behavior when using lynx (ncurses) and TERM set to sun.  For some
reason, lynx writes over any text previously on the screen, leaving the
original text in places where no lines were output.  It's not a big
deal for me since the only time I would operate like this is when
I was checking something out for someone on the mailing list <grin>.

----- End Included Message -----

Yes, that at least makes it usable although until you move the cursor
you can't really see where it is.

Thanks.

I'm just using the default "sun" terminal type that came with Solaris 2.5.
Does anyone know if it has problems?  Is there some better terminal type
I can use??

   Thanks for the help.
    - David Summers
;