lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV /tmp patch, round 2

From: John E. Davis
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV /tmp patch, round 2
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 11:35:55 -0400

> ] "myarchive.hog") is created (by Most?) in /home/guest, not under
> ] /home/guest/.lynx (ls -al):
> ]     -rw-------   1 user       369447 Jul 14 19:39 .hog
> ] (This file .hog is indeed the expanded text file that Most
> ] is rendering from within a Lynx session.)

I do not understand this name at all.  Here is what most does:

In file.h, there is:
#define MOST_GUNZIP_TMP_FILE "/tmp/.zmost"

and in file.c, you will find the code:

             sprintf (zfile, "%s-%d", MOST_GUNZIP_TMP_FILE, getpid ());
             sprintf(sysbuf,"gzip -dc %s >%s", file, zfile);
             system(sysbuf);

Perhaps gzip created the file.

Incidently, the next version of most will use popen instead of using a
tmp file.

--John
;
;