lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV How do I get https to work?

From: Alan Cox
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV How do I get https to work?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 09:40:37 +0100 (BST)

> Not quite: debian uses its own format, slackware gzipped tars plus
> some additional information and SuSE (that's what i am running), the

Debian supports RPM too and is changing to RPM very probably.

> If space is not an issue, an additional tar.gz or something similar,
> would be much more friendly to the community.

There is a "DIY" tar of the bits on shadow.cabi.net:/pub/tmp. I make no
promises to keep it up to date or even keep it there. I produce the RPM
file because we need it locally and because it is easy to do for both
platforms I worry about (rpm -ba ... and its done).

> Indeed. But because of that they cannot be exported presently and
> never will in the future ==> they must be written and maintained
> outside the US.

Its actually probable the US problem will go away in a year or so, depending
how long the US govt can delay the supreme court from sorting them out.

> 1. isolate the routines containing the interfaces to the crypto stuff,
> making them as small as possible. The standard lynx without ssl
> contains (ideally) dummy routines. Such a thing should be exportable.

That violates ITAR/EAR.

Alan

;
;