lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Option Needed!

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Option Needed!
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 22:50:27 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 6 Dec 1996, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:

> Frankly, I do like the idea of being able to cd in side Lynx; or at
> least being able to type in a full pathname when doing a download and
> having that directory used as the default the next time I go to do a
> download...

I usually start lynx up in my temp directory (in /tmp) when I want to do
bunches of d/l's on my dialin account, but sometimes I forget, and I
agree that it would be nice to be able to set a default (sort of like
Netscape rememebers the path once you set it for the first d/l... maybe a
file selector in lynx... :) ).  The problem is that I'm not sure how best
to implement it.  LCD just doesn't seem right.  Possibly something from
the d/l screen and print screen... Or simply noticing if you enter a
complete path at the filename prompt (note the word "simply" is probably
not accurate... :) )...  I'm also not sure what kind of security problems
this might create.  I have to admit to TOTAL ignorance when it comes to
security issues with Lynx. :(