lwip-users

[lwip-users] Repeated DHCP requests.

From: Rogier Wolff
Subject: [lwip-users] Repeated DHCP requests.
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 13:51:12 +0200

Hi all,

I have a project, and I noticed a while back that it would repeatedly
repeat its DHCP request.

Yesterday I had intended to solve this and also do some other
maintenance on the code. I started with the latter and... the DHCP
problem disappeared.

However, this morning it had started again.

Now you might say: it is supposed to re-validate the DHCP lease every
now and then. And I'd agree. However multiple times a second is WAY
too much.

I have now reverted the board to more stock "example" code: Way less
of my code in there. But it seems that now the problem only
happens after a while.

This is running on an RP2040 with hardwired ethernet through a
lan8720 PHY.

Anybody seen such behaviour? What was the problem then?

Why would LWIP restart the DHCP sequence? What could cause this?
Where would I look to find the code responsible?

        Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** https://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2049110 **
**    Delftechpark 11 2628 XJ  Delft, The Netherlands.  KVK: 27239233    **