lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Can't build "Working example" from BUILDING

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Can't build "Working example" from BUILDING
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 20:40:59 +0200

Am 30.09.2021 um 17:11 schrieb Grant Edwards:
> On 2021-09-29, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:0
>
>> I'm trying to get started porting lwIP to an RTOS. Having never
>> worked with lwip before, I thought I would first just build
>> 2_1_3_RC1 for Linux. I'm following the directions in BUILDING:
> [..]
> I've beeing trying to follow
> https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/lwip.git/tree/BUILDING
> as a starting point, but it appears to be out-of-date and not

It's not out of date: it is more recent than what you are trying to build.

2.1.3. is a bugfix release for an older version, where 'contrib' has
been in a separate git tree. Since that's kind of annyoing, we moved the
contrib part to a folder in a main tree by now.

The savannah link you are referring to contains the docs for the latests
git master branch sources. That's simply not applicable to the 2.1.3
sources you are trying to build.

Regards,
Simon