lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP slow web server only with Windows OS request

From: Marco Giammarini
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP slow web server only with Windows OS request
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 13:28:45 +0200

I enabled lwip_stat and print the data every 10 seconds.
The result is:

TCP

xmit: 16742

recv: 12376

fw: 0

drop: 0

chkerr: 0

lenerr: 0

memerr: 300

rterr: 0

proterr: 0

opterr: 0

err: 0

cachehit: 6929

MEM HEAP

avail: 40960

used: 0

max: 39204

err: 322

MEM UDP_PCB

avail: 6

used: 0

max: 0

err: 0

MEM TCP_PCB

avail: 10

used: 10

max: 10

err: 5

MEM TCP_PCB_LISTEN

avail: 3

used: 1

max: 1

err: 0

MEM TCP_SEG

avail: 40

used: 0

max: 19

err: 0

MEM REASSDATA

avail: 5

used: 0

max: 0

err: 0

MEM FRAG_PBUF

avail: 15

used: 0

max: 0

err: 0

MEM SYS_TIMEOUT

avail: 10

used: 6

max: 6

err: 0

I don’t understand why the device doesn’t send the second packet.

Regards,
Marco

Il giorno 22 set 2021, alle ore 12:03, goldsimon@gmx.de ha scritto:

Am 22.09.2021 um 11:38 schrieb Marco Giammarini:
Dear all,
in attach you can find new capture.
The lwip device is: 192.168.1.123 for OSX acquisition, and 192.168.10.123 for windows acquisition.

This clearly looks like a memory/configuration problem in lwIP, as (at
least in the windows trace), the lwIP device is not sending more than
one frame without receiving an ACK. And since windows doesn't expect
this (but wants to send an ACK for every 2nd packet), a timer for
sending the ACK has to expire in windows. This results in 200ms before
the ACK is received.

Normally, the TCP sliding window mechanism should speed things up, but
that doesn't happen here. You need to find out why by checking
lwip_stats and/or enable logging in the tcp modules.

Regards,
Simon

Anyway, if I put the OSX device into the same network of Win device, the result for OSX device is the same (3/4 seconds to obtain the webpage).

Regards,
Marco