lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Improving UDP responses.

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Improving UDP responses.
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 19:49:41 +0200

Am 21.09.2021 um 14:59 schrieb Luciano Moretti:
> I've got an STM32F7 (SPL, not HAL) based project using LwIP RAW. We've
> got it working fairly well, but it seems to handle 6 UDP packets very
> quickly and then start dropping packets. I thought it was because of
> the MEMP_NUM_UDP_PCB which was defined as 6, but increasing it to 12 has
> had no effect.
>
> Can you make any other recommendations as to how to increase our throughput?

I'm not aware of anything in lwIP limiting you here. It could be any
memory shortage (debug this using lwip_stats) or it could be a driver
issue somehow limiting the number of frames you can pull off your netif.

The STM drivers were somewhat buggy when I worked with them. Now some
years have passed since then, but I don't know if they have been fixed
by now.

Regards,
Simon