lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP slow web server only with Windows OS request

From: Marco Giammarini
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP slow web server only with Windows OS request
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 08:55:47 +0200

Dear All,
I’m studying this problem more in-depth (with Wireshark), and I found that sometimes Windows reply with ACK after 40ms at every packet. In this case, with a file of 800kB, a packet of 1460B, we have more or less 500 packets, that multiplied for 40ms reach 20 seconds each file.
I found that this problem is very common for Windows PC:
*  https://developpaper.com/lets-talk-about-the-magical-40-ms-of-tcp/
https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/troubleshoot/windows-server/networking/registry-entry-control-tcp-acknowledgment-behavior

Is there any way to solve the problem (or a workaround) by modify some parameters of lwIP?

Thanks
Marco