lwip-users

[lwip-users] Two lwIP threads working fine on one core but giving error

From: Ibtisam Tariq
Subject: [lwip-users] Two lwIP threads working fine on one core but giving error on two separate cores
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 17:31:20 +0500

Hi,

I am creating an app by integrating lwIP with DPDK. I am using socket-level APIs. For receiving packets from the interface and processing, there are two threads.
Thread-1: Receiving packets from the interface, call pbuf_alloc to transfer packet data into pbuf and then call netif->input.
Thread-2: lwIP core thread: tcpip_thread.

If I run both threads on one core, they work fine. But if I run both on separate cores using pthread_setaffinity_np() it gives an error after ~5 minutes. The error is :
Assertion "memp sanity" failed at line 389 in ../lwip/contrib/../src/core/memp.c

Regards,
- Ibtisam