lwip-users

[lwip-users] Latency with http_write

From: André Lenoir
Subject: [lwip-users] Latency with http_write
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 12:51:54 +0000

Hello,

I’m a really new with LWIP, and I cannot find any relevant answer on my question on forum, may be you can help me.

I’m using LWIP in a project based on a STM32-L777+ FREERTOS.

We are using a websocket to answer to small request send from a PC.

I noticed that the time needed to receive answer on PC side is very long +- 250ms, seems to be linked to  TCP_TMR_INTERVAL.

If I reduce TCP_TMR_INTERVAL to 1ms, response time goes down to 5ms (sometimes 20ms) but the processor load increase to 40%, where it’s was 0.46% before.

I use http_write to send the answer (always less than TCP_MSS(536) in general 200bytes), is it the best way to proceed?  How can I improve this part without impacting CPU load so much?

Thank-you

André