lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] minor lwip issue(s) with patch + a build question

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] minor lwip issue(s) with patch + a build question
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 07:18:56 +0200

Am 05.05.2020 um 15:54 schrieb Jörg F. Wittenberger:
> Hi all,
>
> (New to the list, is it OK to post proposed patches here?)

It's better to post them to our bugtracker at savannah, patches tend to
get lost here on the list, as often, time is short for lwIP developers :-(

> Appologies: I did not actually test the first attached patch literally.
> It's the from-memory-recreation of the tested version I accidentally
> deleted.  It should still convey the idea: When IP6_DEBUG is enabled,
> the report of the incomming packet displays garbage and reads memory
> beyond defined bounds.
>
> The second patch would fix a typo within a comment, if I'm not mistaken.
>
> One question I have: in order to use lwIP beyond the experiment, I need
> to integrate it with the target build system (which I don't control).
> This makes CMake a rather big issue.  Is there a way to build lwIP with
> plain `make` or alike?

You don't need the CMake files. We still have make helper files (see the
unit test in contrib/unix or the fuzz test on how to use them).

However, you don't need makefiles either. Just drop the files into
whatever build script you use and make sure the include paths are correct.

Regards,
Simon