lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] bind with link down

From: Massimiliano Cialdi
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] bind with link down
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 22:47:16 +0200

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 10:11 PM Simon Goldschmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
> You're mixing link state with admin state here. That might work, but
> might not work in some situations.
It's not so clear to me.
Which pattern should I adopt to keep the link status under control?
What do you mean by 'admin state'?
How should the admin state be affected by the link state?

> > Then when the link goes down while
> >     err = netconn_recv(conn, &buf);
> > is waiting, it doesn't exit with an error. Is that correct?
> Correct or not depends on how you define it. There's currently no code
When you say "depends on how you define it.", what are you talking about?

> in lwIP to unblock on link loss. That could only work if you're bound to
> a netif. I'm not sure if what you think of works in other stacks.
What other stacks? Stacks other than lwip?

best regards
Max

--
Et nunc, auxilium solis, vincam!