lwip-users

[lwip-users] bind with link down

From: Massimiliano Cialdi
Subject: [lwip-users] bind with link down
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 21:34:51 +0200

I have a process that polls the PHY to find out if the link is up or
down. It calls netif_set_link_up()/netif_set_link_down(). I also have
the link callback calling netif_set_up()/netif_set_down().

I wonder what happens if the functions:
  conn = netconn_new(NETCONN_UDP);
  netconn_bind(conn, IP_ADDR_ANY, 7);
are called when netif is still down. This happens because, for
example, the udpecho_thread() process starts before the netif is up.

Then when the link goes down while
   err = netconn_recv(conn, &buf);
is waiting, it doesn't exit with an error. Is that correct?

best regards
Max
--
Et nunc, auxilium solis, vincam!