lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP Client handshakes but no data transmission

From: Ricardo Schoof
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP Client handshakes but no data transmission
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 13:49:38 +0000

Hi,
I've run your code, with a few changes. I am able to have TCP communication.
First thing I noticed was the large amount of data you're sending [netconn_write(conn, (const unsigned char*)(TXData), (size_t)(1500)), NETCONN_NOCOPY);] is this causing some overflow?

Next step would be checking the configuration. Is there some kind of firewall active between the 2 devices? And do you have enough memory assigned i.e. enough netbuffs/netconns etc. in lwipoprts?

Altered code, pardon my goto's but it's a quick test:
void client_netconn_thread(void* pvParam){
ip_addr_t DEST_IP;
struct netconn *conn = NULL;
struct netbuf *incoming;

IP4_ADDR(&DEST_IP, XXX, XXX, XXX, XXX);

conn = netconn_new(NETCONN_TCP);

if(conn != NULL){
if (ERR_OK != netconn_bind(conn, NULL, MODBUS_PORT))
goto err;
if (ERR_OK != netconn_connect(conn, &DEST_IP, MODBUS_PORT))
goto err;
}
while(true){
if (ERR_OK != netconn_write(conn, "request", 8, NETCONN_NOCOPY))
goto err;
vTaskDelay(500);
if (ERR_OK != netconn_recv(conn, &incoming))
goto err;
if (netconn_err(conn) == ERR_OK){
netbuf_delete(incoming);
}
}

err:
netconn_close(conn);
netconn_delete(conn);
vTaskDelete(NULL);
}

​
Met vriendelijke groet / Kind Regards
Ricardo Schoof
Embedded Software Engineer

Orga BV
Strickledeweg 13
​3125 AT Schiedam
​The Netherlands

T: +31(0)10 208 5555
F: +31(0)10 437 8445
E: address@hidden
http://www.orga.nl

Come visit us and experience our Helideck lighting and Aids to navigation solutions live at the OTC (booth 1739‑D) in Houston (US) from 6 till 9 May 2019!

Any information transmitted by means of this e-mail (and any of its attachments) is intended exclusively for the addressee or addressees and for those authorized by the addressee or addressees to read this message. Any use by a party other than the addressee or addressees is prohibited. The information contained in this e-mail (or any of its attachments) may be confidential in nature and may fall under a duty of non-disclosure.
Orga BV shall not be liable for damages resulting from the use of electronic means of communication, including - but not limited to - damages resulting from failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses and other malicious software. Orga BV is seated in Schiedam, registered at the Chamber of Commerce under number 24230253 and carries the following VAT number NL006913842B01