lwip-users

[lwip-users] Handle a broadcast storm

From: CORRADIN Michele
Subject: [lwip-users] Handle a broadcast storm
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 09:27:17 +0000

Hello,

I’m experiencing a problem of watchdog in a STM32F407 board running LWIP and uCOS-III. Doing some debug I discovered that sometimes I receive up to 400 messages in less than 20ms locking my Ethernet interrupt longer than the watchdog refresh time. I have 3 receive buffers for the Ethernet MAC so it seems that really I’m receiving just a message after the other. Doing a wireshark check I noticed that effectively sometimes even my pc receives some broadcast message, normally up to 4-5 just one after the other and probably sometimes there are much more coming.

Is there any suggested way to deal with this type of condition? I’m not a big expert of network management: I did a search on web I was not able to find anything.

Thanks for the support

Michele

This message and any attachments are established exclusively for his or its recipients, and are confidential. Any use, diffusion or unauthorized publication is prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system. SOCOMEC declines all responsibility concerning this message if it has been altered or tampered with. It normally contains no virus, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure this. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the organization.

Ce message et ses éventuelles pièces jointes sont établis à l'intention exclusive de son ou de ses destinataires et sont confidentiels. Toute utilisation, diffusion ou publication non autorisée est prohibée. Merci d’informer immédiatement l’auteur par retour de message si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, et supprimez ce message. SOCOMEC décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce message s'il a été altéré ou falsifié. Il ne contient normalement aucun virus, mais il est de la responsabilité de son destinataire de s'en assurer. L’organisation décline toute responsabilité en ce qui concerne les informations fournies et les avis exprimés dans le présent message.