lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] [LwIP 1.4.1] Ping length of 92 bytes via PPP crashes Lw

From: Marco Jakobs
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] [LwIP 1.4.1] Ping length of 92 bytes via PPP crashes LwIP core/pbuf.c
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 22:08:40 +0200

Hi Simon,

>Marco, I know you always say you don't have the time to re-evaluate new
>verisons, but you could save us *and* yourself much time hunting those
>old bugs by just taking the time to upgrage ;-) There have been *many*
>bugs fixed since 1.4.1!

>The possibility of code size increasement is something I always wanted
>to investigate (and fix if required), but I haven't found the time to do
>so, lately... :-(

I fully agree with you on my developer side :-)) Would love to get 2.0.x running, tested etc ... would also love to port the complete project to a new MCU with more RAM and FLASH. But as this is work stuff I can't do what I want with a ToDo list piled up to fill up a year plus. :-|

The memory issue is serious. A customer was asking for VJ compression support, tried this today and BOOM, 3kB of RAM missing. That's not fun, that's my daily business. Atmel has great new MCU's but no drop-in replacement for my AT91SAM7X512 (and they did not launch the 1024 type). But the V71 would be a complete rewrite of all hardware routines, writing an EMAC for LwIP etc. Not really fitting in a job where <5% would be available for this.

Just to give you a reason why I'm still hunting old bugs ;-)) Will see to find the fix mentioned by Sylvain and see if I can fix the root cause of this :-|

VBR
Marco