lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Losing connection with router

From: Mike He
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Losing connection with router
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 11:17:58 -0800

I will order a hub and set up a capture. But in the meantime, I'm trying to narrow down whether the problem stems from my device running lwip, or the router.

If the device can still be pinged, then it clearly should still be in ARP table. However, the router management interface lists no record of it, and the connection out of the router was definitely broken off and cannot be resumed. Meanwhile, a raspberry pi on the same router does not have this problem, and another instance of my device on a different network (fiber-connected office router) also does not have this problem. So, this leaves me perplexed as to why this particular device with this router drops connectivity while still being on the ARP table, and can no longer be reached again. Any ideas are welcome. If no suggestions can be made from this information, that is fine, I will post a capture at a future time and hopefully that will clarify.

Mike