lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Networking device discovery protocols

From: Markus Klein
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Networking device discovery protocols
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 12:42:41 +0200

Hallo,

you don't need to implement the complete UPnP protocol. If the only functionality you need is, that Windows finds the device, you are fine with implementing SSDP. SSDP is the discovery protocol of UPnP. SSDP is a HTTP based Protocol and very easy to implement. In addition you need a webserver, or a webserver functionality where windows can get a XML-File via HTTP.

Take also a look at the Developer-Tools for UPnP. They have a generator for an UPnP Stack.

http://opentools.homeip.net/dev-tools-for-upnp

Regards