lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Patch to update from 1.4.0 to 1.4.x?

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Patch to update from 1.4.0 to 1.4.x?
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:56:26 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 12:54:13PM -0300, Sergio R. Caprile wrote:
> > I don't agree, some vendors, like Atmel, have a perfectly clean lwIP port
> > announced as being production ready, and it really is.
>
> Kudos to Atmel then !
> The only problem with them down here is that their products are hard to get.
> I used to have a strong sympathy for TI and I think I still have it.
>
> I'll start taking a closer look to Atmel. Thanks!

They even do perfect documentation (perfect documentation is almost
always the case with Atmel) about lwIP[1], way better than our own lwIP
documentation, and which really prove they have a deep understanding of
lwIP internals.

We really should ask Atmel if we can re-use their documentation in order
to improve by several order of magnitude the quality of lwIP embedded
documentation.

Sylvain

[1]
http://www.atmel.com/Images/Atmel-42233-Using-the-lwIP-Network-Stack_AP-Note_AT04055.pdf