lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] tcp_output doesn't flush

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] tcp_output doesn't flush
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 19:45:05 +0100

Thiscord wrote:
I'm not sure I understand this. Isn't input processing ballback-based?

Yes it is. In an OS (multithreaded) environment, input processing is done in tcpip_thread. This means you must not call lwIP core functions (except for some memory functions and the netconn/socket functions) from any other thread.

Without an OS, the same rule applies, but it's more or less up to the lwIP port how input processing is called. In the end, you just have to make sure you don't access variables or functions from multiple threads (or interrupts) that aren't meant for this kind of usage.

Simon