lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] tcp_output doesn't flush

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] tcp_output doesn't flush
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 22:47:46 +0100

Thiscord wrote:
I see. The problem is that for time reasons the port that I've set up is done
very poorly. It uses the raw api. It is nothing but a single thread that
initializes the stack and then lowers its priority to minimum and loops
endlessly

That can't work: input processing is not called from your while(1) loop and tcp_write/tcp_output thus still racing with input processing (e.g. TCP ACKs).

  just to keep the pcb variable valid.

I'm not sure I understand this...

I know this is very bad but I
didn't have time to port it properly.

Doing things bad is never a good idea... Event worse if you know it's bad!

That being said do you think there is a way to make tcp_outout flush? Some
kind of a workaround... I'm pressed for time.

At least I wouldn't know of any.

Simon