lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] [LwIP-1.4.1 + ChibiOS-2.6 + STM32F407] memp_malloc: out

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] [LwIP-1.4.1 + ChibiOS-2.6 + STM32F407] memp_malloc: out of memory in pool PBUF_POOL
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 16:03:11 -0300

Hi,
I will guess:
- Since you describe something ending with 'OS', you are using an (RT)OS
port, probably with NO_SYS = 0.
-- If you have multiple tasks, check you call lwIP only from one task
(unless you know exactly what you do and why you are doing it). This
includes the netif input.
-- Who did the port ? Has it been thoroughly tested ? (I just don't know
of it, but I'm no expert whatsoever)
- A google search for STM32F407 yields it has a huge amount of RAM, so
it is not likely that the compiler let you compile for more RAM than you
actually have. However, the stack/heap you configured (or your OS did
for you) is probably not enough for whatever you are doing that you
don't say. Check that.

If your problem persists, you'll probably have to dive into your OS
memory management and see it is not fighting lwIP's own. I have no
expertise here (I prefer to fight bare metal instead of OSs) and won't
be able to help.