lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How to use PPP with NULL-MODEM serial cable

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How to use PPP with NULL-MODEM serial cable
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 17:31:00 +0100

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 03:20:25PM +0800, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>     I have transplanted LWIP -1.4.0 to  an Oribta board, which don't have
> NIC, so I want to use ppp to connect it to a Linux PC using a NULL-MODEM
> serial cable.
>     On the PC ,I set up a PPP sever to listen connect from the board. The OS
> in the board is similar to vxworks. Now, it came the problem that how to use
> PPP to set up a client on the board and make the socket API available.
>    I have no idea to use PPP in this situation, can anyone help me?

This does not look like an uncommon PPP situation from my point of view.

If you are looking for a beginner documentation, PPP lwIP API is quite
well documented in include files and lwip-contrib have working PPP
examples for Linux or Win32 serial or pipe stack, which are pretty good
at how to write the PPPoS low-level driver required by lwIP.

lwip-contrib/ports/win32/sio.c
lwip-contrib/unix/netif/sio.c

Sylvain