lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] [Bulk] Re: the sequentiality of the lwip stack

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] [Bulk] Re: the sequentiality of the lwip stack
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 16:08:53 +0100

"Fabian Koch" <address@hidden> wrote:

As Simon is always saying: sockets can not be accessed from different threads.
Meaning for Sockets s1,s2 and threads t1,t2:
t1 can acces s1 while t2 can access s2.
BUT never can t1 and t2 both access s1 or s2.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what parts of the LwIP stack stop us from doing that and I ...

Me too. A socket-handle should only be an index into some
process-global table. So (comparing to other OS'es), there should be nothing preventing us using sockets across threads.
But then again, I don't understand the LwIP-model when NO_SYS=0
is involved.

--gv