lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] webserver problem

From: Noam weissman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] webserver problem
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 14:33:30 +0300

Hi,

As default the MSS size is defined to be 1500 bytes. This is too large for
embedded.

Try to reduce it to 536 and increase the total number of PCBS.

These are my settings:

/* MEM_SIZE: the size of the heap memory. If the application will send
a lot of data that needs to be copied, this should be set high. */
#define MEM_SIZE                (10*1024) //(7*1024)

/* MEMP_NUM_PBUF: the number of memp struct pbufs. If the application
   sends a lot of data out of ROM (or other static memory), this
   should be set high. */
#define MEMP_NUM_PBUF           100
/* MEMP_NUM_UDP_PCB: the number of UDP protocol control blocks. One
   per active UDP "connection". */
#define MEMP_NUM_UDP_PCB        10
/* MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB: the number of simulatenously active TCP
   connections. */
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB        12
/* MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB_LISTEN: the number of listening TCP
   connections. */
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB_LISTEN 5

/* MEMP_NUM_SYS_TIMEOUT: the number of simulateously active
   timeouts. */
#define MEMP_NUM_SYS_TIMEOUT    10

/* ---------- Pbuf options ---------- */
/* PBUF_POOL_SIZE: the number of buffers in the pbuf pool. */
#define PBUF_POOL_SIZE          20

/* PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE: the size of each pbuf in the pbuf pool. */
#define PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE       600

/* ---------- TCP options ---------- */
#define LWIP_TCP                1
#define TCP_TTL                 255

/* Controls if TCP should queue segments that arrive out of
   order. Define to 0 if your device is low on memory. */
#define TCP_QUEUE_OOSEQ         0

/* TCP Maximum segment size. */
//#define TCP_MSS                 (1500 - 40)     /* TCP_MSS = (Ethernet MTU -
IP header size - TCP header size) */
#define TCP_MSS                 536

/* TCP sender buffer space (bytes). */
//#define TCP_SND_BUF             (2*TCP_MSS)
#define TCP_SND_BUF             (8*TCP_MSS)

/*  TCP_SND_QUEUELEN: TCP sender buffer space (pbufs). This must be at least
  as much as (2 * TCP_SND_BUF/TCP_MSS) for things to work. */

//#define TCP_SND_QUEUELEN        (2* TCP_SND_BUF/TCP_MSS)
#define TCP_SND_QUEUELEN        (4 * (TCP_SND_BUF)/(TCP_MSS))

/* TCP receive window. */
//#define TCP_WND                 (2*TCP_MSS)
#define TCP_WND                 (4*TCP_MSS)

/* MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG: the number of simultaneously queued TCP
   segments. */
//#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG        20
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG        TCP_SND_QUEUELEN // 20  // This was previosly
20 and cause a MEM_ERR it was changed
                                                 // to BE THE SAME SIZE AS
TCP_SND_QUEUELEN

BR,