lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Understanding MTU and Max ETH Frame size

From: Dimax
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Understanding MTU and Max ETH Frame size
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 15:19:41 +0300

Hi,
Thanks for your answer. But I need to clarify it
If I set MTU=1500 am I guaranteed not to get Ethernet frames bigger then 1514 bytes?
I need to know it to make proper DMA buffers allocation.
As far as I understand MTU is exchanged between two ETH peers via management packets and each side should respect peers MTU?

---
Also for some reason I get replies to my messages in this mail list only via daily digest and not directly to my email. Do you know how to fix it?