lwip-users

[lwip-users] Understanding MTU and Max ETH Frame size

From: Dimax
Subject: [lwip-users] Understanding MTU and Max ETH Frame size
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 09:12:27 +0300

Hi,
I'm working on new lwIP driver for STM32F2x7. This CPU has build in MAC and external PHY. Data from MAC to CPU memory is transferred by dedicated DMA.
To define driver strategy I want to better understand what can be a Max Ethernet Frame size that driver can receive from MAC?
If I get it right I should not get packets longer then MTU ?
Am I right?
If yes why I do not see MTU configuration in lwipopts.h ? All I can see is
/* TCP Maximum segment size. */
#define TCP_MSS                 (1500 - 40)
Does it mean that MTU=1500 is hardcoded value?