lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Timeout cases

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Timeout cases
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 11:52:39 +0100

Fabian Cenedese wrote:
> And I also looked at the wiki, but it's also not clear about mbox_fetch:
>
> http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/Porting_for_an_OS_1.4.0
>
> ------------------
> u32_t sys_arch_mbox_fetch(sys_mbox_t * mbox, void **msg, u32_t timeout).
>
> Blocks the thread until a message arrives in the mailbox, but does not
> block the thread longer than timeout milliseconds (similar to the
> sys_arch_sem_wait() function).

I didn't mean to offend anyone. I only wanted to point out to readers
monitoring this list that there is (some) documentation available. Surprisingly
enough, the files in the 'doc' directory often are not noticed by many people.

You see, that's an open wiki. It's not really maintained by lwIP developers, I
guess (at least not by me). LwIP users are encouraged to work on it and improve
it, though :-)

Simon