lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Timeout cases

From: Fabian Cenedese
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Timeout cases
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:58:40 +0100

At 10:45 24.01.2013 +0100, you wrote:
>Fabian Cenedese wrote:
>> Thanks for the clarification. I was reading the comments in the code.
>> There it didn't mention that mbox_fetch(timeout=0) would block waiting
>> as it did with sem_wait. It only says "maximum time (in milliseconds)
>> to wait for a message".
>
>Yes, I've fixed these comments. Nevertheless, comments in the code are not the
>only documentation we have available!

I know. I have read this file but probably forgot about this detail.
And I also looked at the wiki, but it's also not clear about mbox_fetch:

http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/Porting_for_an_OS_1.4.0

u32_t sys_arch_mbox_fetch(sys_mbox_t * mbox, void **msg, u32_t timeout).

Blocks the thread until a message arrives in the mailbox, but does not block
the thread longer than timeout milliseconds (similar to the sys_arch_sem_wait()
function).

Thanks for your work of course.

bye  Fabi