lwip-users

[lwip-users] NO_SYS, TCP/IP and sockets

From: Fabian Cenedese
Subject: [lwip-users] NO_SYS, TCP/IP and sockets
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 12:00:19 +0100

Hi

I'd like to use lwip for tcpip support in our embedded hardware.
It uses a self written os with threads, but to keep the impact
low I still tried first to use lwip with NO_SYS=1. I then tried
to use sockets to access the tcp connections and found out
that sockets and NO_SYS are mutually exclusive, in the
examples as well as from (older) mails in this list.

Is this still the case with lwip 1.4.1? Can't sockets be used
without system?

What's the best way to use tcp without system (NO_SYS=1)?

If I go the other road with NO_SYS=0, how many threads
will be created? I hope it's not 1 per connection as creating
a thread in this os needs quite some overhead.

I have read in the lwip wiki, especially "porting to no_sys"
but I didn't see the restrictions for this, e.g. that sockets
won't be possible. Is this described somewhere?

Thanks

bye  Fabi