lwip-users

[lwip-users] Sending out small TCP data very fast

From: Firedog I.
Subject: [lwip-users] Sending out small TCP data very fast
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:08:50 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'm using lwIP v1.31 with an 72MHz Cortex M3 Processor and 64kB RAM. I need to write small 10-35bit messages as fast as possible through ethernet. I've set up a timer to 50ms, the timer interrupt executes a tcp_write and a tcp_output.

My problem is that every outgoing Message, when writing 26bit data to tcp_write and tcp_output, has in the end four data-packets as payload, therefore 104bits, but i want to send every 50ms one single tcp packet with 26bit. When sending out the message every 300ms, everything works well.

I've already tuned my lwIP options in lwipopts.h with the recommendations in the wiki but still same thing. Any suggestions?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.