lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] std includes

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] std includes
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 19:26:45 +0200

"Bill Auerbach" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> To me it always was the other way round as I can then be sure that the
>> (lwIP) header files do not depend on the system/library files:
>
> Maybe this is heading off topic, but why does it matter or do you care about
> this? Is there a requirement somewhere that lwIP use no references to
> standard C definitions?

No, what I meant to say was that if you include the library files on top of the
C file and put the "self-include" below that, you risk that you will be using
types/defines from that library include file in your header file without
noticing it (and that you would actually have to put the include into the
header file, not the C file). When putting the "self-include" at the top, the
compiler will prevent this.

There's no problem with lwIP header files depending on C library files, but if
so, the includes to the corresponding files naturally belong into the hear
file, not into the C file,

Simon