lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] where do I find a recent documentation about lwip?

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] where do I find a recent documentation about lwip?
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 10:01:17 +0000

On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 09:48 +0000, Bob Brusa wrote:
> Ok, let's give it a try and ask ecos people. But why should they produce a
> documentation for lwip? Anyway, I asked them and am waiting now for their
> answer. (Bet, they will tell me to ask the lwip-gurus  :D )

Your questions to me seemed to be about how the lwIP port in ecos was
organised: the location of header files, and ecos documentation.  If
I've got that wrong let us know.  If I'm right, the only people who can
answer those questions are people who know about that port and that
documentation, which is why I suggested asking ecos.  If you don't get
an answer from them I'm not sure what else to suggest.

If the documentation files that you're struggling to read are part of
lwIP (rather than part of the ecos port of lwIP - a subtle but important
distinction) then we might be able to help here, but the path you gave
didn't seem familiar to me, which is why I'm assuming they are ecos
docs.

Perhaps if you have any more information about which files and what goes
wrong that would help get to the bottom of it.

> Actually, the only documentation on lwip I found dates back to 2001. Since
> then, much has happend, new routines added etc. But no doc-update? I can't
> beleave that....

You're quite right not to believe that: there have been many
improvements and updates to the lwIP documentation since 2001.  Where
are you looking?  The lwIP wiki is the best place to start.

Kieran