lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] DHCP restart

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] DHCP restart
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:32:49 -0400

I wait to call dhcp_start until I see that I have a link established.

I am a new user of lwip and am looking for some assistance.

I am working on a product that can be configured to use DHCP or fixed IP address.

The system works fine in both modes if the Ethernet cable is connected at start-up but I am having problems with DHCP if the cable is not plugged in when the application is started.

I cannot find the right sequence to restart the DHCP service once the maximum number of retries has been reached.

Can anyone advise what I need to do or point me in the direction of some example code to help me with this issue.