lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Testing the internet app based on lwIP-1.3.0 andMini-OS

From: David Empson
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Testing the internet app based on lwIP-1.3.0 andMini-OS
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:39:37 +1300

"Kieran Mansley" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 20:29 +0800, Bei Guan wrote:
In my experiments, the client use the API  netconn_connect to connect
to the server. But I always get the error return value -4, which is
 definition as  "Connection aborted.",    /* ERR_ABRT       -4  */.
 What's the most reason to cause this error?

Are you sure about that definition?  I don't have a copy of 1.3.0 to
hand but in 1.3.1 an error of -4 was

#define ERR_RTE        -4    /* Routing problem.         */

This makes a lot more sense for a connect error than ERR_ABRT which I
would normally only expect for listening and receiving errors.

I have a reference copy of lwip-1.3.0, and error -4 is defined as ERR_ABRT in that version.

The places I can find ERR_ABRT generated in the source are:

tcp.c: tcp_abort() explicit call from many places
tcp.c: tcp_accept_null() used when no accept callback was supplied
tcp.c: tcp_slowtmr() when a PCB is purged
tcp_in.c: tcp_listen_input() when pending incoming connections exceed the backlog
tcp_in.c: tcp_process() when the accept callback returns an error