lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Windows 7 Startup crashes LwIP and Free RTOS

From: Marco Jakobs
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Windows 7 Startup crashes LwIP and Free RTOS
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 08:17:49 +0200

Dear Kieran,

you may be right - with the debug function, the packets are still arriving in that way, but the timing inside the stack differs and some packets may be lost due to full buffers. So this is no way to get behind the problem.

I may try to disable my watchdog functions so i'll get no reset and maybe i can get in this state with the JTAG attached and debugger running. The problem is: What to do then - as i'm not in the internals of the stack. If there is somewhere some valueable information that may help, just tell me what i should look for and i'll try.

I've hammered the LwIP with generated broadcast packets every 20ms (using the packet generator of NetScanTools) - no problem at all. So it must be maybe a very tight timing. Is it theoretically possible that it did not yet return from the interrupt of a reception when the next packet arrives and this causes some trouble?

@Simon:
It's not a direct reboot - *i suspect LwIP is ending in an endless loop, not suspending its task*. As it has a higher priority in the RTOS of my implementation, the other tasks will not be called anymore, which leads to a panic of my watchdog task -> there the restart is made. As my watchdog task with the highest priority of all is still happily running, it underlines this theory!

Thank you all for looking at my EMAC routines, so i'll push this back.

But @Richard: Where can i find these improved routines, so i can verify the changes to the ones i'm using? I would be happy if you may send them to me or point me to a download.

Marco