lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Hardware - level for netif_remove()

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Hardware - level for netif_remove()
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 10:12:20 -0400

True.  Add to the netif more function pointers, like init, power_up,
power_down, shut_down, etc.  I would expect being an embedded systems
targeted TCP/IP stack that most applications have one netif.  I've never
been crazy about netif_add calling init.  I would expect the netif to be
added already initialized.  Or really why would it have to be?  In any case,
I worked on a stack with netif_power_up and netif_power_down and it was used
in embedded systems that needed only intermittent network activity or low
power designs.

Bill