lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Hardware - level for netif_remove()

From: Christian Steffen
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Hardware - level for netif_remove()
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 08:58:11 +0200

Hi Simon,

Am 08.05.2010 10:30, schrieb address@hidden:
Being like that, we could also add another function for low_level_remove() instead of re-using the init function.
I think this is a clear and traceable solution.
The question is whether many people need it because it adds to the code size...
I cannot speak for all but in my case is the following szenario. I have a device with a battery power supply. The network interface with the lwIP is "only" the communication interface if the device is connected to its charging station or a other local network. In the other cases is my main goal to safe power to offer the original function as long as possible. Also it is necessary for me to reduce the power consumption. The close of the network interface and the close of the lwIP frees any also my limited resources.
The main impact would be that we would have to add a new parameter to netif_remove().
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Christian Steffen
--
+++     Hensel Elektronik GmbH