lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] http server unzip

From: Bernhard 'Gustl' Bauer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] http server unzip
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 09:07:24 +0200

address@hidden schrieb:
Bernhard 'Gustl' Bauer wrote:
I'm running short of ROM, but have plenty RAM. So why don't I zip the
html code (about 300k) during compilation, place it into ROM and unzip
this code into when booting lwip.

What do you think about this?
Good idea, as long as the unzip code is smaller than the difference between zip'ed and unzip'ed HTML pages ;-)

I don't need an unzip code if I use compressed html. The html files are zipped individually and are getting an additional extension (.gz). The http server adds this extension to the search string of fs_open(). If fs_open() is successful 'Content-Encoding: gzip' is added to the header. If not the original filename is used. So a mixed set of normal and zipped files is possible. This should also work for other file types.

Does this fit into lwips httpd concept?

Gustl