lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] using Lwip without callback in non-OS environment

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] using Lwip without callback in non-OS environment
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 12:19:12 +0000

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 13:50 +0530, Mrutyunjay wrote:

> I need to use lwip without callback , if i use call back i cannot
> control
> the sequence of external device access.

LwIP has 3 APIs: raw, netconn and sockets.  Simon recently posted a
comparison of the different APIs and their tradeoffs, and details are on
the wiki:

http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/Application_API_layers

Unfortunately the netconn and sockets APIs don't use callbacks but do
require threads (which I guess you don't have) while the raw API doesn't
need threads but does use callbacks.

It sounds like you want a version of the raw API but without callbacks
to notify you of activity and instead a non-blocking poll to tell you if
there is anything to do on your sockets.  That would be possible in
theory but it doesn't exist now.

Kieran