lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] using Lwip without callback in non-OS environment

From: Mrutyunjay
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] using Lwip without callback in non-OS environment
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:32:49 +0530

hi ,
yes thats true , we did had problems if all function had their worst cases,
so i modified it to .

while(1){
function0   tcp stack process
function1   h/w process
function0   tcp stack process
function2   tcp server process (tcp listener)
function0   tcp stack process
function3   tcp client process (tcp opener )
function0   tcp stack process
function4   udp server/client process
}

Regards,
Mrutyunjay B Patel

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 13:50 +0530, Mrutyunjay wrote:

> existing code uses round robin framework. each function worst case
> in-out
> time is 300 miliSeconds

That means you've got a worst case of 1.5 seconds between calls to one
of those functions.  This might be a problem as you won't be able to
meet the timing requirements of TCP's timers for example.  You certainly
won't get high performance this way, unless I've misunderstood your
approach.

Kieran