lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] issues with resending out of order segments

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] issues with resending out of order segments
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:51:17 +0200

> BTW: There is this LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING define in opt.h which obviously
> should not be used and therefore I did not change the default here... but
> to me it sounds as if this could be exactly the thing I'd need here?

It isn't, really. TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING is just an idea for faster throughput on
systems where thread-switching is slow and mutexes are faster. It doesn't fix
the problem that we only have one semaphore per socket/netconn which we cannot
currently use safely with multiple threads. This is a design problem in the
netconn API that isn't solved by TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING, unfortunately.

Simion