lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] issues with resending out of order segments

From: Kesten, Joerg
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] issues with resending out of order segments
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:21:51 +0200

> Multithreaded sockets is something that is not well supported on lwIP,
> so I'm not surprised you've had to add some extra locks.  If you're
I am (painfully ;-)) aware of that. A completely other issue, but is it right
that there is currently no intention to support this as there seem to be only
very few people needing this? At least this was the impression I got from
reading several discussions related to this on the homepage (bugs section)

> How do you call netif_add()?  This function specifies which function
> will be called (stored in netif->input) when a packet is received by
> ethernetif_input().
Here is my call to netif_add:
netif_add( netif, &ipaddr, &netmask, &gw, NULL, ethernetif_init, tcpip_input));

> No, if you're using the APIs correctly you shouldn't need to manually
> lock these lists.
Ok, thinks.
BTW: There is this LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING define in opt.h which obviously
should not be used and therefore I did not change the default here... but to me
it sounds as if this could be exactly the thing I'd need here?

- Jörg