lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] [OT] why raw API?

From: Chris_S
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] [OT] why raw API?
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 02:14:29 -0700

>> Besides, the raw API should need less RAM.
> - mike

Bingo.  That's my reason.  If you want high performance on an embedded
system with limited RAM, lwIP-raw is about the best choice.  In fact the
choices are very few.  I looked at and tried several different TCP/IP stacks
that cost real money, and most just won't fit.

Several semi companies have benchmark comparisons between lwIP in Raw vs.
Socket mode, and the results are self evident.  Raw runs anywhere from
100% - 400% faster throughput.

Chris.